Greenville Estate Planning Attorney
Creating a basic estate plan is a good way to make sure that your wishes will be carried out in the event of your death or serious illness. People who have an estate plan in place often feel relieved. They know that their loved ones will not be burdened with the difficult decisions and expenses often associated with not having a clear, detailed plan in place.
At the Armstrong Law Firm in Greenville, South Carolina, we work closely with clients to help them create basic estate plans that really work for them. To talk to us about your plan, contact us at 864-241-0633.
"You Know Our Family Better Than I Do!"
Because we work so closely with our clients, and because we take the time to really listen, we really get to know them and their families. David Armstrong is a Greenville estate planning lawyer who draws on this knowledge to guide families through the estate planning process, helping them create a plan that best suits their needs.
A good estate plan includes more than just a will. It can include a wide range of documents that all serve different functions:
- Wills: Wills designate how your real property and personal assets should be distributed in the event that you pass away.
- General durable powers of attorney: These documents allow you to appoint someone to make important legal and financial decisions on your behalf.
- Living wills/health care powers of attorney: Living wills provide advance directives for medical decisions, like terminal illness or permanent unconsciousness. They are in place just in case you are unable to communicate your preferences yourself.
- Trusts: A trust is a way to give the benefits of cash or property ownership to a person with those benefits managed by a trustee.
- Guardianships and conservatorships: These documents appoint a guardian or a conservator to oversee personal affairs or finances in the event of health problems or other significant needs.
An Efficient South Carolina Probate Attorney
When the time comes to probate the estate, we can help you with all the estate administration matters and duties that are required by the courts. We can also help you is if a dispute arises. Our probate litigation practice aims to preserve family relationships while making sure intentions are preserved and followed accordingly.
Helping People With Estate Planning Issues
When you need guidance with estate planning issues from drafting wills and trusts to making sure a guardian acts properly, contact the Armstrong Law Firm. Our Greenville, South Carolina, law office is available by calling 864-241-0633 or by completing our online intake form.